Valoraciones medias

• En general
  • Atención al cliente

Sobre Slack

Slack reúne todas tus comunicaciones en un solo lugar. Es mensajería, archivo y búsqueda en tiempo real para equipos modernos.

Descubre más sobre Slack

Mostrando 18 492 opiniones de %{reviews_total}

Pablo david B.
Account executive
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 30/6/2020

"Excelente herramienta para conectarse en el trabajo"

Comentarios: Excelente herramienta reemplaza los email como medio de comunicación!

Puntos a favor: Muy Fácil de usar, compartir archivos informacion, intuitivo y de fácil instalación, puedes tener la app en el celular en Windows así como también usarlo desde el explorador.

Contras: Las notificaciones, a veces tardan en llegar. Pero supongo que debe ser, quizás por la velocidad de internet que cada usuario tenga

• Publicado el 30/6/2020
Mario M.
Software informático, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 28/3/2020

"Perfecto para comunicarme con mi equipo"

Puntos a favor: El diseño, es lo más sencillo que he encontrado y útil con la integración de otras aplicaciones.

Contras: Tengo varios grupos abiertos y en ocasiones me causa algo de desorden

• Publicado el 28/3/2020
John S.
Software informático, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 25/6/2020

"An industry leader for a reason"

Comentarios: I love slack and it is always getting better. Finding my chats, creating channels, and adding integrations are easy. I can’t recommend it for business enough. It’s so fun that I am trying to find other uses for it just so I have an excuse to use it.

Puntos a favor: Slack has become the industry leader in workplace communication and for good reason. It makes for a flexible place to have contextual conversations and integrates Into your workflow by easily allowing tools to integrate Into the application. From shopping carts to service monitoring alerts to team polls, there are integrations for just about everything. These integrations also allow meaningful, yet simplified, interactions so I don’t always have to leave The context of my conversations.

Contras: The largest problem is cost as well as limits in how I can leverage Slack For both work and for non-work related communication. It wasn’t built for non-work communication so I can’t truly complain. But I would love to see some focused paradigms show up in the ecosystem to make it so I don’t have so many chat applications. One other issue is the confusing of finding and managing my custom web hooks. As often as I use it I always end up spending 5 minutes on the site trying to figure out what we hook integrations I have and where to reconfigure them.

• Publicado el 25/6/2020
Aaron P.
Tecnología y servicios de la información, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 21/2/2020

"Great for communicating with coworkers and friends!"

Comentarios: I actually do not use Slack much in a business environment, but in a personal setting for a book club. We transitioned to primarily using Facebook for communication to Slack, as not all members of the book club are on Facebook. Slack has made communication a lot easier and fully centralized.

Puntos a favor: Slack is really easy to setup and provides a great solution for secure communication b/w coworkers and even friends. The interface, while slightly confusing at first, is easy to learn. In addition, it is easy to create different channels - as to have multiple conversations on multiple topics without those conversations overlapping. There are both mobile and desktop clients, and they are cross platform. There is even a web interface so you don't have to install a local client. Finally, you can't argue with the price as it starts with free version that is suitable for many use-cases.

Contras: Slack utilizes various shortcuts and tags to implement features (such as adding a poll to a conversation), but these tags are not obvious and usually need to be looked up.

• Publicado el 21/2/2020
Craig S.
Small Business Owner
Ropa y moda, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 6/4/2020

"Simple Collaboration Tool"

Comentarios: Using Slack software, I was able to organize various web and offline projects by their topics or themes. So, m employees, business partner and myself could focus our response on a specific project at a time. We were also able to document past responses to tagging bugs, content update issues or customer complaints, so we could refer to those notes when similar errors or challenges were encountered in the future. This ability to organize projects and documents our actions or responses, improved our revenue numbers with dip in cost.

Puntos a favor: When adding new products and implementing tracking on new pages of my e-commerce website, I ask my employees and business partner to test or qa the content as well as analytics. So, we don't waste time testing the same products or tags, I created a Slack channel for QA. In the #qa channel, my employee team posts their comments once they are done testing a piece of content or tag, so others can test another item or analytics. My favorite feature is the ability to include screenshots and direct message a specific member of the channel without others knowing it. Plus, the fact that an email confirmation is sent on every new post in the Slack channel. Some of my team members enjoy using emoticons as well. My partner appreciates the integration with Google Drive, Gmail and ability to reply to individual user.

Contras: Once we create multiple channels in Slack to cover various projects, it becomes difficult to respond or maintain to every channel efficiently. For example: I created separate Slack channel for: web analytics, content update, marketing tactics, accounting or budget and my physical store business. My inbox gets overwhelmed with Slack channel notifications or when I open Slack app I see too much activity from every channel. It will be great if I could have the ability to prioritize the messages so I could respond to each based on how critical its business or customer impact was. So, an ability to flag by value would help.

• Publicado el 6/4/2020
Technical Director
Marketing y publicidad, 13-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 19/5/2020

"Slack is the backbone of what we do"

Comentarios: Slack is used by everyone in the business on a daily basis, it allows us to work efficiently and makes working remotely a breeze.

Puntos a favor: There are other products out there that provide a similar service, but for me nothing compares to slack's flexibility to integrate with the other online services we use and automate workflows and reporting.

Contras: The video call feature could do with some slight improvements, a grid view would be great for group calls for instance.

• Publicado el 19/5/2020
Lauren H.
Executive Assistant
Producción audiovisual, 13-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 27/4/2020

"Never Slacks"

Comentarios: I was first introduced to the product when I was working at a photographic agency. It's a very fast-paced environment that requires incredibly efficient communication and swift project management. I was doing my research and experimented with Slack for a brief time. I felt inspired by the benefits and presented it to the workplace. They immediately downloaded the solution and I set up the software for them from my side. Within minutes, we had a newly impressive communication tool that eased our stresses at a colossal level. Very great build and I look forward to its growth.

Puntos a favor: I love this application for a majority of reasons. Slack is very minimalistic but also beautifully done. It presents your desired information in a very organized manner and makes it easy for the receiver to understand. It balances colors well and provides brief templates for you to use. Another aspect I like about Slack is the multiple formats of data you can send into a single chatroom space. It's extremely convenient and essential for your company's needs.

Contras: I don't have any negative thoughts for Slack because it fulfills our company's needs to a great extent.

• Publicado el 27/4/2020
Arthur H.
Data Engineer
Servicios financieros, 201-500 empleados
  • Publicado el 8/5/2020

"The best app for team communication"

Comentarios: Once you understand how it works, and what you can do with it, the sky is the limit for Slack. I really recommend people to try it, and to master it. It's a really fun and satisfactory experience.

Puntos a favor: Once you trully learn how to use it, you can pratically do anthing you want in the scope of communication. I really enjoy the ease of talking with someone (or more teamworkers), both via message and calls. Slack its super fast responding for that. Besides, its great for sharing both files and code, and I have a lot of fun with the custom emojis!

Contras: The learning curve. When I started using Slack, I wasn't familiar with other professional communication tools. Because Slack have so much funcionalities, it really took me some time to use the platform the way I wanted. I also wish the text could be formatted as a Header (like Header 1, Header 2, etc), because for me it would make some messages easier to understand.

• Publicado el 8/5/2020
Daniella B.
Ropa y moda, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 8/4/2020

"Inter-Company Communications Made Easy! "

Comentarios: I love using Slack and so do my employees. Communication is key within a company and this software makes its easy!

Puntos a favor: Keeping in contact with employees and management is easy with Slack. With a wide range of features and even emojis, this is a solid investment.

Contras: With a vast array of features the software can seem a little overwhelming at first.

• Publicado el 8/4/2020
Paul T.
Team manager
Software informático, 13-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 29/4/2020

"Easy to use and easy to link collaborators"

Comentarios: It helped and it helps keep everybody in touch. A thing that is very important in this moment we're living. It also helped us to get closer to our customer thanks to a customer chat system based on slask.

Puntos a favor: Easy set-up, free to use if you do not need history, a lots of plugin available , allow you to make private/public channel

Contras: A little bit to restrictive for not paid users ( it would be great to be able to have free user for 2 or 3 channel but not just 1 )

• Publicado el 29/4/2020
Dalton B.
Sales Program Manager
Software informático, 13-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 17/6/2020

"Best communication tool for businesses of all sizes"

Comentarios: Love Slack. Always recommend to organizations of all sizes.

Puntos a favor: Super easy to use and get started, emoji and gif features, threads are great, channels are simply laid out, notification control is awesome.

Contras: Integrations are tricky at times, threads can be hidden and hard to follow at times, mobile notifications don't always stay consistent.

• Publicado el 17/6/2020
Daniel M.
Software Developer
Salud, bienestar y deporte, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 12/3/2020

"Slack as a must have tool"

Comentarios: A must have tool for teams that use agile methodologies or having multiples teams on a project

Puntos a favor: Clear and centralized communication with company colleagues

Contras: Too much shortcodes, lack of explanation on how some features works

• Publicado el 12/3/2020
Joel H.
CEO / Founder
Marketing y publicidad, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 23/6/2020

"Really Love Slack, Great Way to Communicate with Multiple Clients"

Comentarios: Mainly we are using it to solve issues with communicating across different companies and their contractors, not only streamlining conversations but bringing transparency to the messages so everyone can easily see what was sent, communicated, and when.

Puntos a favor: I have to admit I can be one of those cranky older IT guys that sit in the back corner and groans every time I hear of a new technology that is going to revolutionize things. When I first heard of Slack I figured it was more of the same and didn't use it for years. Finally one of my clients required that we communicate over and I honestly love it. The integration from the App to the browser-based version is seamless. I like how I can communicate with different Orgs and have all their staff on Slack already in when I login so I can easily communicate with who I need to. Messages are saved and easy to search to find what I need later. Group communicate and individual messaging is fantastic and I have used the VoIP to call some of my contractors that my client's use through Slack directly. All in all it makes working with people virtually easier and I will definitely be using it in the future.

Contras: My least favorite thing about slack is having to log into each org every time I need to work inside Slack. I think for most users this isn't a big deal, especially if they are using it with just one workspace. Because I work with several companies, it is a bit of a pain. I have to log in for each org to see the workspace and the only way I can see messages from another org is to open a new tab and re-login using the org's credentials. I wish there was a way to have one master Slack login and then move in and out of the different companies I work with without having to log in and out all the time or use different web browsers or tabs.

• Publicado el 23/6/2020
Dulce L.
Legal Assistant
Práctica de la abogacía, 13-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 24/4/2020

"The best, hands down! "

Comentarios: Overall I love this app. It has helped my team transition from full time in-office to full time work from home during the pandemic. It keeps our whole team connected for both business matters or just chatting for fun.
I’ve used so many chats in the past for work. Jabber, Hangouts, etc. ..this is so much better by a landslide! I recommend you try it. You won’t go back.

Puntos a favor: What I love most is how safe and secure it is. Slack is perfect for business because it is 100% internal messaging. No one outside of your company will access to your workspace.!
It is very user friendly and fun to use. You can respond to posts in threads so that the channels don’t get cluttered with responses. You can also create channels (basically chat rooms) that are private and your coworkers cannot find without having been personally invited. You can also create public ones that our coworkers can find and join on their own. I love the emoji reactions and that you can create custom emojis. Let’s not forget that you can post gifs without having to search, copy, paste, etc. By typing in “/giphy” you can generate a gif and post it without having to leave the app. So fast, fun and easy!
It’s mobile app is amazing and allows me to communicate with my team the go. It’s an essential! You can also custom your theme colors so I’ve adjusted it to my combination of turquoise with mint green. It’s so pleasing to the eyes! Customize it to your liking! Love this app.

Contras: There’s nothing I hate about this software in all honesty. It surpasses my expectations and constantly is being updated.

• Publicado el 24/4/2020
Heather B.
Executive Assistant
Música, 201-500 empleados
  • Publicado el 23/4/2020

"Best Communication Software for Internal Communications"

Comentarios: I think it's genuinely improved communication and increased connectivity especially during the COVID pandemic and the new working from home life. I greatly appreciate the video integration feature as well as it makes it super easy to do one-on-one or small group check-in's without tying up video conferencing software. I've actually changed most of the executive's check-in's with others to Slack calls right now! While there's definitely some business-level restrictions that can help things flow more smoothly, such as having a limit to how many channels people create, etc., Slack has almost everything I could ask for and I'm slightly sad none of my other organizations I've worked for have utilized this service! It would have saved us a lot of time and trying to contact others.

Puntos a favor: I'll rant slight because I love Slack so much. 1) Reminiscent of AOL Instant Messenger, Slack makes communicating internally fun, easy, and instant (depending on the response time). 2) It's encrypted! Not only can I send and receive confidential information from someone, I don't have to worry about it getting into the wrong hands. Since I often book travel on a number of different executive's credit cards, I can get all of their personal information via this chat and it's made it extremely easy to not have to concern myself with the security. 3) You can create channels for your team or organization that are fun as well as for informational and business purposes. 4) You can invite others from outside of the organization to join your Slack and can join other's as well. We have many brands each with their own Slack and can invite each other to those. 5) We love Slack so much, that at the corporate level, we're getting the Slack Enterprise Grid so that all brands and employees can communicate with each other no matter where we are in the world. 6) Super easy to drag and drop files for upload to a person or channel. 7) Tagging abilities makes sure the person you're tagging sees the post. 8) You can link to channels with pertinent information to outside sources. For example, if I want to say, "Check the #announcements channel for more info!" I can right click on the #announcements channel and copy the URL to create a link to that channel on SharePoint. 9) I love the Slack bot!

Contras: A few things I would like them to change: 1) Font formatting in a post can be difficult. 2) When using bullet points, I haven't found a good way to format sub-bullet points. 3) Copying and pasting can be difficult due to formatting. These are all things easily worked around, however.

Jeff M.
Director, Engineering IT Operations
Administración educativa, 5001-10 000 empleados
  • Publicado el 23/4/2020

"Great product that has become more important than ever"

Comentarios: Prior to implementing Slack we tended to have a mix of emails, chats, and some intranet announcement board setups. Now, we put all of that in Slack which makes it much easier to keep up with what is going on as well as to search for anything that you need. It has been a huge plus for us in all ways and we have a lot of other integration options we are looking at implementing.

Puntos a favor: Communication with my entire team is easily available within Slack as well as subsets of my team. Slack has played a key role for several years but that role has become critical as we have shifted operations entirely online. We have channels for different topics and the ability to easily customize alert settings for channels has been a huge plus. The ability to integrate with outside systems has allowed us to automate many tasks such as letting the service desk know when issues occur.

Contras: Traffic can get busy so I need to be particular about how my notifications are set up. I then check in periodically on the channels that I don't receive notifications for to keep up with what is going on.

Elijah B.
Writing Consultant
Investigación, 10 001+ empleados
  • Publicado el 21/4/2020

"Best Team Coordination App I Have Used"

Comentarios: Slack is a great complement to email for quick messages and coordinating with others. I still send research results and other files through email, where I can be more long form, but it makes it extremely easy to ask quick questions or notify others. On a recent project, my team used Slack to "lock" parts of a paper we working on. Overall, Slack has been an excellent coordination tool. It's simple and perfect for my usage

Puntos a favor: Slack is an excellent chat tool which is a step above a simple group chat, but not as complex as something like Microsoft Teams. I love that you can divide discussions into different channels. For my organization, we use different channels for different projects and research groups. This prevents main discussions from getting too cluttered and provides privacy for projects which everyone does not need to know about. At the same time, it is not overly cumbersome as I found Microsoft Teams to be. It does not have social networking features, but we don't need that. We have the choice between using Slack or Teams, and I prefer slack for this reason.

Contras: Slack always seems to be logging out of my workspaces. I find that I constantly need to log back in at least once a week. This is a minor annoyance, hence why my rating is still very high, but this problem can delay my work a few minutes each time it happens.

• Publicado el 21/4/2020
Leon W.
CEO, Project Manager, Senior Graphic Designer
Diseño, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 16/4/2020

"Slack solves most issues, but not all"

Comentarios: Slack felt very familiar for me since I already used Discord for social and gaming needs. I liked the ability to customise my interface with literally any colour I chose and the apps and addons I could add (namely, ClickUp) were extremely helpful. However, the pricing model proved a bit too aggressive for my company. I have a small design company in Brasil (which means North American dollars are about five times as expensive for me from the get go), and our biggest selling point is the fact that we keep very close contact with our clients, bringing them into most design discussions. In that light, my intention was to seamlessly transition all my clients from their WhatsApp groups to their own Slack channel. The issue was that *even paying*, the amount of "free guests" I could invite was very limited. I was not able to add all clients, and that ultimately meant I couldn't fully transition to Slack. A small issue I also had was inviting via e-mail instead of (again, like in Discord or even WhatsApp itself) just generating a link my clients would click and be dropped into the channel created a small learning curve. Unfortunately, we ended up having to migrate to Discord itself in order to get out of WhatsApp.

Puntos a favor: It essentially makes e-mailing obsolete and has several neat utilities that help streamline the thought, decision, discussion and feedback processes.

Contras: I had less control than I expected (and needed) in regards to overall look and feel, as well as the users' level of interaction in an attempt to soften the learning curve and address some of the app-switching angst. On top of that, the imposing pricing limitations effectively made it impossible for my company to fully transition to Slack.

• Publicado el 16/4/2020
Mimi M.
Integrated Producer
Marketing y publicidad, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 14/4/2020

"Best Team Communication Software Out There"

Comentarios: Very positive. Few complaints. A super fun, dynamic, effective platform for work, projects, etc. alike.

Puntos a favor: I don't think anything can compete with Slack. It's quick, efficient, fun to use, social, playful (GIF's! /giphy), unclogged and dynamic. The calling and group chat features have been especially handy lately with remote working. I also love that you can add such a diverse range of content (code, movies, images, gifs, lists, quizzes, link previews, etc.). The polls + GIF randomizers also keeps things 'fun' and light, useful for all types of people in all types of roles. The UX is very straightforward, the interface design is beautiful and FUN, which is important for a communication platform. People enjoy being on Slack. I don't mind opening it up - and that means a lot, considering it means I'm working. The search and archive functions are also great.

Contras: Don't have many complaints, honestly. I think it might be better if you had a way of storing 'updates' for projects, the way Basecamp does. Pinning messages, or files? To prioritize them, so they don't get lost in the conversation flow. Also could maybe benefit from a 'presentation mode' for Slack video, unless it exists already, to compete more with its competitors like Zoom? But overall, I have few/no complaints.

• Publicado el 14/4/2020
Jason taylor F.
Governance, Risk & Compliance Administrator
Aprendizaje en línea, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 5/4/2020

"Necessary for any Team that wants to Communicate"

Comentarios: It's a very powerful tool that is the backbone of non-face-to-face communications. It's easier and less formal than emails so folks are more apt to just jump in and communicate (which is great). But with loose structure around it, folks are more apt to just spout nonsense in there. The chatroom style of organizing the communication can make it difficult to get past noise since it only takes a GIF or two to push the real communication out of visibility. It's like any communication tool there needs to be etiquette, organization, etc. Slack just happens to be one of those tools that is so powerful and flexible that it can make things very productive or very distracting.
In the end, with folks being remote, it is an incredibly handy tool (desktop app, browser, or mobile app) to keep folks in touch with each other.

Puntos a favor: I love that almost any service can send notification through Slack either directly or with an integration tool. Jira ticket creations get alerted in specific channels based on project/issue type for example. And Slack can be used to create polls, set reminders, etc. The sidebar organizes your channels (which can be public or private) as well as your DMs (which can be with 1 person or a group of people). The search function is neat, and channels/DMs can be searched/saved/archived/etc.

Contras: Ok, the downside can be astronomical- but it can be controlled with good administration. Slack can easily get out hand with multiple channels that confuse standard-authoritative messaging, and if the channels get too numerous then Slack monitoring can become a very distracting activity (so make rules on channel creation). Similarly, the flexibility of Slack can lead to a wide range of input from folks (GIFs, emoji-reactions, etc.).

• Publicado el 5/4/2020
Arpine A.
Marketing Specialist
Telecomunicaciones, 1001-5000 empleados
  • Publicado el 2/4/2020

"Well-designed organizer for remotely working teams"

Comentarios: I have started to use Slack with a small team, where we were doing a two-month long translation project. It was very easy to get integrated to the platform, everything was very intuitive. But the real amazement happened, when I started a programming course. There is a way to share your code the way it appears on your regular code editor, and this is what helps Slack to stand out from the similar products.

Puntos a favor: I like that there is no possibility to share the messages from private conversations and private groups with people outside of the group. As in the case of other messenger-type software, you can mention your colleagues in the conversation, and they will be notified. You can create as many channels as you wish, name them and also keep them private, so no one else can enter to the channel without permit.
Besides all of this a lot of personalization can be done thru status updates, photo, change the appearance, theme and many more.
It is also worth mentioning that besides website, there is also app, where you can get notifications, reply to messages and keep working while being far from your desk.

Contras: The main inconvenience or I would say discomfort, I have faced using Slack, is that you cannot see whether your colleague already seen the message or not. Well, this is not crucial, but as the interface gives an impression of a messenger, this would be nice feature to have.
Another discomfort was when I tried to enable desktop notifications, but they never showed up. After couple of days I understood, that I have blocked pop-ups from my Chrome, but Slack did not say me a word on that.

Danique T.
Cinematographer, photographer, copywriter
Salud, bienestar y deporte, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 2/4/2020

"Best Software for Small Teams"

Comentarios: I love Slack. I wouldn’t change Slack for any other chat app at work. For other situations other software such as WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger work just fine, but nothing beats Slack in the workplace. The customizability, the search options, the file sharing, the starring of messages, the pinning of messages, it all just works so well for the workplace.

Puntos a favor: What I like the most about Slack and what differentiates it from other chat apps in my opinion is the customizability. About two years ago my team decided to adopt a chat app just for work, and a colleague suggested Slack. He set it up for us where our Google calendar is connected, our Asana, and our Servicedesk. We have three different channels, one for communication, one for calendar notifications, and one for Servicedesk notifications. This reduces so much clutter and we can easily find what we are looking for. Every time anyone adds or removes anything from our shared Google calendar Slack notifies us. We also get a notification at 8am every morning with what’s on our calendar for that day, and we get a notification two hours before a calendar event. Whenever any other departments adds anything requests for our department through Servicedesk we get a notification with request description in Slack as well. Also, if anyone in our own team adds anything to our to-do list in Asana we get a notification in Slack, and if we’ve added something to someone else’s to-do list in Asana and that person finishes it, same story. The customization options are endless.

Contras: What I like the least is that in the free version there is a limit with how many messages you can send. So far we’ve been able to continue communicating with each other but I think that old messages get deleted, so if I use the search option to find a file that was shared or a message, and it was too long ago, I will simply have lost it. But I guess I would just have to pay for it. They have to make their money somehow.

QC Engineer
Juegos de ordenador, 1001-5000 empleados
  • Publicado el 22/3/2020

"A must for professional communication"

Comentarios: The deployment and set up was easy and after about a couple of days, you will get used to it. Slack is our primary application for professional communication with clients and offshore teammates. Having multiple channels for various purposes is a good feature. Sometimes the loading time is high, and even when you search for messages, but this can be overlooked when considering slack as a package.

Puntos a favor: Slack is very easy to use with its simple and highly professional UI making things easily available, like the search, using emojis and reactions, etc. Unlike Microsoft Teams, here in Slack you can search for a message using a keyword, and trust me this is a lifesaver. You can have multiple channels set up for a variety of communication purposes. The mobile version is also good and reliable. The app is easy to use but at the same time has very professional UI and all the necessary features.

Contras: Slack is expensive when compared to its competitors. It should have a feature to search for gifs online like MS teams. You may miss out on some important emails as most messages are conveyed on the chat. So you have to be clear about it, emails are still a priority when it comes to professional communication.

• Publicado el 22/3/2020
Cole R.
Operations Specialist
Bienes de consumo, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 1/4/2020

"Slack is Much More Than Just Messaging"

Comentarios: Simply put, Slack solved the issue of under communicating within our business. The software added a new medium that allows employees to solve problems faster and complete tasks sooner by eliminating unnecessary in-person discussions and remain connected even when remote. Working from home continues to become more and more popular and Slack has now become absolutely vital in allowing that to be done. We're able to chat, phone and video call, screen share, file upload and more! We are very pleased with how useful the software has proven to be.

Puntos a favor: Slack's list of pros far outweigh the software's cons. Most importantly, Slack is extremely simple to install and learn! Everything about the user-face is intuitive and looks very similar to tradition messaging applications. Certainly, the messaging functionality of Slack is the greatest pro. The software is available for all computer devices and smartphone devices which allows everyone to stay connected whenever and wherever they need to. Another tremendously impactful pro is the screen sharing function; this is critical to successfully working from numerous offices or from home. It allows us to walk through problems as they arise and creatively collaborative on visuals. Lastly, Slack has the ability to integrate with a users Google Drive which makes file uploading and sharing seamless!!! I could go on but there are ultimately some of the greatest takeaways.

Contras: One of the greatest cons many employees have identified is the software's nagging "unread" notification. A new/unread message badge will appear on both the smartphone and computer applications for a message that has often times already been read. This occurs when the incoming message is received while the application is already open on a device. For instance, like many of us do, I keep the my application open in one of my dual monitors (meaning it is open at all times) and if I have the chat open to Sally's chat and Sally messages me, I will have a new message notification until I click "Mark as read" within our already visible chat. It's a rather small con but it sometimes creates confusion.

• Publicado el 1/4/2020
Elyse J.
software project manager
Marketing y publicidad, 201-500 empleados
  • Publicado el 30/3/2020

"Easy, nerd-friendly and productive "

Comentarios: Slack seems to be the best received by my team. Microsoft Teams, Skype for business - my developers detest and very infrequently utilize.
Slack is the best solution I have found and the most universally and easily adopted platform to date.

Puntos a favor: Slack is one of those open it and go type of applications.
Their desktop, mobile and web based applications are all high performing, relatively bug free applications.
Integrating other apps is literally a few button clicks, and the integrations seem endless.
File sharing is a breeze, and size limitations are few.
Their search functionality is super helpful for digging through old conversations
Silent/DND mode is easy to set, and the app notifications in general are subtle yet effective

Contras: Limitations to the free/paid versions, specifically chat archives, are literally my only complaint.
They do what they do super well and I have yet to find a competitor that behaves as well with my system, CPU usage and overall ease-of-adoption for my developers.

• Publicado el 30/3/2020