Opiniones de Craftybase

Calificación media

• En general
  • Atención al cliente

Sobre Craftybase

Cloud based solution for the management of raw materials and product inventory. Features include revenue tracking and invoicing.

Descubre más sobre Craftybase

Mostrando 137 opiniones de %{reviews_total}

Kathryn H.
Owner (Sole Proprietor)
  • Publicado el 26/8/2019

"Affordable inventory management for makers"

Comentarios: I wish I had Craftybase when I started making in 2011 because it's daunting trying to start from scratch with so many products that contain components I make as well as common materials. Adding new components with new products would be more manageable. All my items include components I manufacture myself (laser cutting. painting) so having to enter "recipes" for all components individually is tedious. For example, I can copy a recipe for an ornament (three different components, ribbon, tag) but when I create components, I can't copy the recipe from a similar component (cardboard shape, primer paint, color paint, topcoat) and this gets really slow with all the colors I have. Recently a new client ordered $800 of obsolete items I hadn't entered into Craftybase. It took 10 hours to enter component recipes for 2 products x 4 colorways, some of which had common components and many had common materials. I assumed I'd be able to generate a pick list to total the common components & materials. Nope! Back to the spreadsheet to group common components... but I didn't try to automate the paint required, so I wasted a lot of time going to the hardware store for more primer. Probably not making minimum wage on this order.

Puntos a favor: Designed for solo crafters or small businesses
Affordable pricing
Accommodates both raw materials and components I manufacture (many small business products are for retailers who buy and resell finished goods)

Contras: Does not permit copying recipes for components, just final products
Does not generate pick lists to manufacture orders
Must set up for either creating batches for inventory or creating products for specific orders, and I have different product lines that fit one model or the other but can't justify dual subscriptions to set them up as separate businesses
Not integrated with Xero for accounting

Shelly H.
  • Publicado el 26/8/2019

"Lifesaving (and marriage saving)!"

Comentarios: They are responsive, fix problems when they arise, they are excellent at walking you through what it is you need to do to achieve your task. It's been a life saver for me since I still have a day job and takes some of the nitty gritty record keeping off my hands through automations.

Puntos a favor: It's online and supports multiple sales channels. It pulls items out of my inventory and has been a life/marriage saver at tax time (I'm a sole proprietorship) and it's ease of use for tallying annual reports is fabulous. I do handcrafts so QuickBooks really is not designed for this industry.

Contras: The tech support is great and they work really quickly to get back to you in short time. In an ideal world, it would be 24/7, but their response time is great.

Tammie B.
creator
  • Publicado el 26/8/2019

"mostly good, but needs features."

Comentarios: i am sort of solving inventory issues, but there could certainly be a lot more automated features to take a lot of time off the process. if it could automatically update inventory in e-commerce systems and if it could send automatic emails to me when a product gets low, that would be hugely beneficial.

Puntos a favor: I like that it helps you price your goods including labor costs. it is pretty easy to use if you know the terminology of inventory. i also really like that it allows for consignment which a lot of other software does not. it allows for manual entry of orders which many other software programs do not.

Contras: i don't like that it doesn't update shopify or other ecommerce sites. so i have to update inventory in craftybase and then also go into shopify and update inventory there as well. you can set low inventory alerts, but it doesn't notify you, so you have to manually go in and check periodically to see which products are running low. seems to defeat the purpose of an alert. it also doesn't sync with bookkeeping systems or shipping systems.

Lisa E.
Owner/Maker
  • Publicado el 26/8/2019

"A must for made-to-order businesses"

Comentarios: I couldn't run my business without craftybase. I run a jewelry shop with thousands of orders per year. I've got over 200 skus with 70 variations each and CB makes it simple to create product recipes, manufactures, and adjust inventory. There is some initial setup for variations but after that it's all automated.v taxes are a breeze with this software

Puntos a favor: -automatically imports orders from multiple channels
-automatically creates manufactures for products and decreases material stock levels
-keeps track of all my expenses
-provides tons of various reports to help during tax time
-customer service is easy to reach and always helpful

Contras: There's nothing I don't like about craftybase!

Katie H.
Owner, jewelry designer
  • Publicado el 26/8/2019

"Excellent product for crafters"

Comentarios: Craftybase let's me get an accurate picture of what actual COGS I'm selling are, and makes it easy to track inventory consigned over multiple locations. Responsive customer support, too.

Puntos a favor: Ability to integrate with other platforms and easily track sales and expenses. Actually costing out to get COGS is definitely high on the list.

Contras: There are some limits to reporting - there are some improvements that can be made in that area.

Grace P.
Co-founder and CFO
Comercio minorista, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 27/8/2019

"Big learning curve but well thought out"

Comentarios: I have faith that Craftybase will prove to be the right option for us. I think that once I *do* have it set up to fit our particular business, that it will be immensely helpful and far superior to the excel spreadsheets we were using.

Puntos a favor: The price point is excellent for the functions that you get in return. You can get technical support through email and they are quick to respond and very professional with their help.

Contras: Switching over from my previous inventory system to CraftyBase has been a HUGE learning curve. It's taken me so many hours of research and back and forth communication with their customer service team to try and set things up for my businesses particular situation. I'm still not properly set up after exchanging over 40 emails with them (wish they offered a tier where you could get direct phone support with an approved Craftybase consultant).

Mary B.
  • Publicado el 26/8/2019

"Perfect for small craft business owners!"

Comentarios: Craftybase is essential to helping me run my Handmade Etsy-based small business in addition to my 9-5 job, and everyday duties of 'homeowner', 'wife' and 'mom'. It is a great tool to streamline major business functions.

Puntos a favor: I can enter all my materials (in my case: various beads, wire, packaging materials, etc) and even set "recipes" for popular items so that when someone purchases an item, I can "Manufacture" it in the software and my materials are automatically deducted according to the recipe I set. I then get warnings anytime a specific material runs low. It's literally hands-off inventory management!

Contras: It's a LOT of data to input in the beginning. The time invested up front is well worth it though!

Lisa G.
Alimentación y bebidas, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 26/8/2019

"Great to keep track of inventory!"

Comentarios: I love the fact that I can track my flavours down to the last mL! Re-ordering is a breeze now.

Puntos a favor: All the reports that you can pull from all the information about your inventory are fantastic

Contras: Learning how to initially set everything up. Everyone's needs are slightly different and wrapping your head around it can be daunting

Kristin S.
milliner / designer
Ropa y moda, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 26/8/2019

"Powerful! Great way to organize and track supplies & materials"

Comentarios: I used to use Google sheets to track my materials. I thought Craftybase wouldn't be much use to me because my sales volume is pretty low. But because I make one-of-a-kind items, that means hundreds of unique materials. My spreadsheet got unwieldy! Once I started on Craftybase, I wish I had subscribed way sooner!

Puntos a favor: It's powerful and flexible. I've created some custom categories, and it enables me to search for things by color, style, etc. A really great way to keep track of inventory of materials on-hand. I can sort things by date, supplies purchased from a specific vendor, view only certain categories, etc. It integrates with Etsy, which is nice.

Contras: Some things I wish I could change preferences on (e.g. when/how sales tax is counted or not). Not really a con, but I'd love to be able to create custom fields (e.g. color, fiber content) rather than putting those things in the notes box.

Jeannie L.

"Can't Live Without It!"

Comentarios: I can keep excellent track of inventory, profits and other finances, and pull reports at any time for taxes, stocktaking and more.

Puntos a favor: I love how I can keep track of all my inventory on hand, everything that has been sold, my profits, pull needed reports, automatic uploads and so much more.

Contras: It is a little confusing in the beginning but within 2 weeks, I was majorly loving this program.

Ricquel S.
Ropa y moda, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 26/8/2019

"Excellent Way to Keep Up with COGS, Inventory and Profit Margins"

Comentarios: I love this program and recommend it frequently! I don't know of any other programs that let you keep track of inventory the way a crafter needs to, especially if you make some of your own components for the items you sell. It's amazing!

Puntos a favor: I love that you can set up everything to auto-manufacture so you don't have to go in and manually do it after every sale. It's pretty much on auto-pilot which saves a TON of time. It's also great that if you have two Etsy shops that still only counts as one Sales Channel.

Contras: I wish it didn't automatically import everything on the next import after you sign up. It would have been very helpful to just be able to import a little bit at a time to make sure everything is set up and functioning properly. There is a pretty big learning curve, but only because it is dealing with SO MUCH information. Auto manufacture is amazing, but a lot of us don't keep everything we need on hand. If I have to order something and don't have it when the auto manufacture happens, everything is calculated incorrectly. If we could set the auto-manufacture to happen x days after the sale (or x days before it ships), it would help a ton, and I wouldn't have to go back in and manually change everything. Also on the auto-manufacturing, say I run out of product stickers. And I manufacture 100 items before I buy more. It's just a small thing, so I just don't include the stickers in those 100 orders. But when I do buy more stickers, the 100 items I already made (but didn't include stickers) still count against my total. It screws up everything and I have to manually go back and change the manufacture for each sale. It would be nice if we could set it up somehow so if we're out of something, and we still manufacture the item, it doesn't count against the inventory of that item since it wasn't used. I know that sounds like a lot of stuff, but it's really just little things here and there. The program is amazing and really does a ton of work for you.

Vy N.
Productos cosméticos, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 27/8/2019

"Essential Software for Crafting and Inventory Management"

Comentarios: Craftybase has been vital for transforming my hobby to a business. I would recommend it for anyone who would like to get a better overview of their inventory and sales (and have already referred several of my friends). It can require a bit of manual input/workaround at times to get it to work the way you want, and I hope they'll keep adding functionalities in the future.

Puntos a favor: Craftybase covers all needs I have as a small business owner / craftsperson. It enables lets you track recipes, manufactures, inventory, sales and costs, which is crucial if you're going to run a craft business of any kind. It has a great selection of reports that you can pull - from expenses (for tax purposes), to material overview, to category sales and many more. It's a decent price for what you're getting and I have not found any other software with the same user friendly interface and functionalities. Support is very responsive and usually gets back to you within 24 hours.

Contras: Some minor annoyances, such as no easy option to add bulk expenses (such as 10x postage fees for 10 different orders), edit imported orders, or handle bundles. It means putting in a bit more manual effort, but I'm hoping these are things that will be added over time. I also wish they would keep backup data for longer - I went maybe half a year without renewing my membership, and had to re-enter all the data again when I decided to renew.

Sandra P.
Bienes de consumo, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 26/8/2019

"Great Service! Very quick response time"

Comentarios: Very good. I would recommend it to friends.

Puntos a favor: All my Etsy information automatically filters in. I can easily keep track of my expenses and revenue and know exactly where I am for the month. I love the ability to build recipes for a product before I actually make it to see where I would need to price it to be profitable.

Contras: Shipping cost are not allocated to the order automatically. I would love to be able to add packing materials to the cost of the order and to be able to keep track of the packing material inventory at the same time.

Janna W.
Arte y artesanía, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 26/8/2019

"The only usable software for makers"

Comentarios: Overall, Craftybase is the best software for my business. There is no other comparable program to track manufacturing of handmade goods in the way this software does. Is it perfect? No. But they are always making improvements based on user suggestions so I think it's only a matter of time until it does everything that I need it to. And the price? Totally reasonable for what it does.

Puntos a favor: This software allows me to track the costs of my materials and labor to accurately price my products. It also keeps track of all my expenses, manufacturing, inventory, tax info and more. It is super detailed and useful.

Contras: It doesn't have an option for tracking sales of services in the same way that it does for physical products. As someone who often does design and printing and other services with my products as well as workshops...there isn't a good way to designate which items are manufactured products and which are just services and don't have a cost of goods sold associated with them.

Laura D.
Teacher
Salud, bienestar y deporte, Trabajador autónomo

"Awesome Software"

Comentarios: The customer service has been exceptional from the very start of this service and has not waned as they have gotten bigger. They always email me back within a few days if not the next day with a great answer that solves my issue or they tell me when my issue will be solved or put me on an email list for updates about the feature I request.

Puntos a favor: I like being the robustness of the reports craftybase offers. I like how it helps me to track my inventory in a detailed way. I like how it helps me figure out the cost of my item and helps me to automatically figure out the least amount I should charge for it on each channel. It integrates with my accounts on amazon and shopify, which makes inventory a breeze.

Contras: I don't love paying every month. Also, recently, I had to do some projections for how much of something to buy. I'd like it to have a feature that would look at my average usage of something over the last year, per month, and how much was currently in stock to tell me how much I should by.

Stefanie F.
Jewelry Designer
  • Publicado el 26/8/2019

"CraftyBase fills the niche of inventory software for craft businesses"

Comentarios: After entering in my materials used, I can link them to my finished products so that I know exactly what inventory I have on hand and which products I can make at any time. Craftybase also automatically imports orders from various sources, which are mapped to my products. So, when it's time to fulfill orders I can see which products I need to make based on my orders, exactly the materials needed, and can easily track my production, which decreases my material count in real time. So my material inventory is always precisely up-to-date, and I can order supplies when I need them. It helps to keep me super organized with minimal effort to make sure my business runs smoothly.

Puntos a favor: It's absolutely perfect for my needs of running a small jewelry business. It keeps track of my supply inventory and how each material relates to finished products, to customer sales and production of those finished products. It's cloud based, which means I can check my orders and inventory from anywhere, and each section is intuitively linked to other sections, making it the only software I need to fully track my inventory and orders.

Contras: Nothing, honestly. It does everything I wanted it to, and intuitively.

Stephanie H.
Productos cosméticos, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 26/8/2019

"Craftybase is a good fit for soap and cosmetic micro biz owners."

Comentarios: Craftybase is geared toward small craft businesses, but you aren't likely to outgrow it overnight. And the customer service is some of the best I've ever experienced, so if you run into issues or limitations, they will work with you towards a fix. The dashboard gives a snapshot of orders, expenses, stock levels, and profitability. And, a series of tabs lets you navigate to specific sections intuitively to input new activity or access info. It is a cloud-based, so it’s great those who need to access inventory information away from home base, or those who find that alternatives don't work on their favorite device. While some user may miss accounting and formulating features, the granular sales and inventory tracking alone make Craftybase worth the price.

Puntos a favor: -solid inventory tracking for raw materials, masterbatches, and finished product
-COGS and tracking
-pricing guidance
-recipe archive
-traceability tools for GMP compliance
-order management
-interfaces with several popular e-commerce solutions

Contras: -lacks robust accounting features
-subscription software (instead of a one-time software fee)
-requires internet connection to utilize
-lacks formulating features specific to soap and cosmetics makers
-no banking integrations
-product bundle tracking is clunky

Lesli S.
  • Publicado el 27/8/2019

"Good, and hoping it will become great"

Comentarios: Overall, I like it, and I appreciate that they keep adding features. The inventory system is really necessary for someone like me, and there are very few programs at this price point that will do it.

Puntos a favor: The software does the thing a small manufacturer like me needs most: keeps an inventory of supplies, manufactures, etc. It does it well, for the most part. It also handles multiple sales channels well, and gives me a good idea of costs.

Contras: The difficulty comes when you, say, want to sell off some of your inventory, or make a gift basket from your manufactured goods, or sometimes sell a pack of two instead of one. The software does not handle that well at all. It also isn't a full-fledged bookeeping program (you can't issue a credit, for instance). I'm not sure it needs to be, but it is a caveat.

Kasia R.
  • Publicado el 26/8/2019

"Amazing and a must-have for any business!"

Comentarios: It's been great to work with Craftybase. Their support is very responsive and provides the quality customer service it's hard to come by. One feature we just discovered was bundles and we are now are able to offer bundled products with an easy and no need for manual entry each week.

Puntos a favor: We used to use spreadsheets to keep track of our inventory and raw materials until I discovered CraftyBase. It was one of the best investments we've made. Software is super easy to use, provides many tools and features to keep track of not only inventory and materials but also orders, different locations where our products are sold. It's all-in-one type of software that any business should have.

Contras: Ability to sync to regular Amazon inventory/order system.

Respuesta de proveedores

por Craftybase el 6/9/2019

Hi Kasia! Thanks for the review - you'll be pleased to hear that our Amazon integration is available for any US marketplace store, not just for Amazon Handmade :)

Michelle D.
  • Publicado el 26/8/2019

"It's what every artisan needs"

Comentarios: Once I understood that it takes time and effort to start using (and then keep using) Craftybase, it became much easier to run my business. I actually let Craftybase run ME. The customer service is top-notch (although I do wish they didn't run on UK time) and I'd be lost without it.

Puntos a favor: I love this software because the developers understand how a small manufacturing business works. They don't load you down with confusing features - just what you need when you need it. It has helped me get completely organized with raw materials, track all production, determine pricing and just basically keep everything straight. If you're a maker and you're not using it, you need to be.

Contras: I sometimes feel the software tries to be all things to all people. I really don't see why the accounting aspects are necessary and feel they are sometimes lacking.

Kaesha F.
Bienes de consumo, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 27/8/2019

"Great Software for most craft businesses"

Comentarios: Overall I have found Craftybase to be useful and I will continue to use this software. If my business were structured a bit different, with less products and a condensed material base I would say this software is perfect.

Puntos a favor: I love that I can track materials I use and that each material can be linked to several different products. I can quickly see which materials I need to buy.
I also love that I do not have to manually enter any of my sales and my daily accounting is done automatically. I can easily compare sales this month to sales this month last year without having to do any calculations on my own.

Contras: There is a lot of set up to get the materials all entered and then assign them to the products. I sell over 100 products in my shop with each one requiring many different materials. By the time I had every material entered and connected to all my products I had already discontinued some products and added others. My shop is a little too complex to be handled by just myself. To make this software work for me I would need to hire someone to help with updating the inventory numbers, yet I am to small to afford help.
This software would be perfect for a shop with 10-30 products if the products only use a couple of materials each.
I also don't like that I have to manually attach my shipping costs to the correlating order.

Melissa P.
  • Publicado el 26/8/2019

"Easy to set up and use"

Comentarios: Craftybase has 100% streamlined my manufacturing and supply ordering processes. I can scan through low inventory reports and know immediately what I need to purchase next.

Puntos a favor: My favorite features are supply ordering versus use breakdown ie purchase the supply by the foot and then use by the inch. The product recipe section is easy to set up and fantastic in usability. It makes tracking manufactures a breeze

Contras: I wish there was a better way to track payments. Right now it's just a check box. I would love to see a date and pay method field. Also would love the ability to print invoices without having to download them first.

Bonnie K.
    Sin valoración
    Sin valoración
  • Publicado el 26/8/2019

"Ceaftybase for Jewelry Business"

Puntos a favor: I like this this is a cloud-based application. It works well for a jewelry business to track inventory, expenses and sales. It integrates with a few of the more popular e-commerce handmade platforms.

Contras: Some of the bugs are frustrating. For example, some of the Etsy fees do not auto associate with sales/products. So when trying to associate these fees, the fields in the Associate dialog do not keep focus. I can click in the field and then start to enter the product or order just to find focus was lost and nothing is being entered. There are lots of associations that need to be made, so it's very frustrating to select the field and then lose focus most every time.

Chelsea D.
Owner/Founder
  • Publicado el 26/8/2019

"Couldn't work without it."

Puntos a favor: Craftybase is really easy to use and integrates with Shopify. Their accounting program makes tax time really easy. I love that I can manage all of my material and manufacturing costs as well as sales in one platform. I really spend so much time looking at where my business is financially in craftybase that I don't know what I would do without it. I'd highly recommend the program.

Contras: Sometimes they'll run updates without giving much notice so it'll take a bit of getting used to but is never too difficult.

Lynne R.
Co-owner
Productos cosméticos, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 27/8/2019

"Great inventory program for small handmade bus"

Comentarios: CB is fairly easy to navigate and learn. Great customer support via email or real-time chat. I was able to run tax reports easily and keep track of inventory.

Puntos a favor: Affordable with different tiers and features. Great inventory program for small handmade business. Integrates well with e-commerce platforms and Etsy. Great response time with customer service. Web based and accessible from any computer. Ease of running different reports.

Contras: Would like to see some additional customization options with bundles/gift boxes and recipes. Would like to be able to add amounts of materials in more than one type of measurement (metric, US customary units) Also more customizations with reports