Valoraciones medias

• En general
  • Atención al cliente

Sobre Basecamp

Con la confianza de millones, Basecamp pone todo lo que necesitas para realizar tu trabajo en un solo lugar.

Descubre más sobre Basecamp

Mostrando 11 934 opiniones de %{reviews_total}

Brandon S.
Marketing Content Manager
Biotecnología, 501-1000 empleados
  • Publicado el 7/1/2020

"Not a Swiss Army Knife, But Offers Extreme Value"

Comentarios: I've used Basecamp for more than 10 years and it has worked with me through three different positions in the three different industries. Their onboarding tools and support team offers a lot of immediate help when you need it. I'm definitely an evangelist for this platform.

Puntos a favor: Basecamp 3 offers an intuitive platform and interface for project and operational collaboration across a wide distributed team. It's easy to onboard new team members both inside and outside the organization. The flat-rate price is a steal compared to all of its competitors.

Contras: Basecamp does not try to be all things to all people, which is a blessing and a curse. There are dozens of other features offered by other platform that are not offered by Basecamp. So if those features are critical, you may have to turn to one of the API-driven integrations for a separate fee.

• Publicado el 7/1/2020
Stefanie M.
Senior Account Manager
  • Publicado el 2/4/2020

"Basecamp Review"

Comentarios: Overall, this is the most easy to understand and easy to navigate project CRM tool that I have used.

Puntos a favor: I think the system is very user-friendly. If someone was new to it, it wouldn't take much time for them to catch onto how to create and assign out tasks and task lists.

Contras: Using it as a daily task organizer only worked for select departments who had ALL tasks housed within the system. For departments that had additional tasks (client phone calls etc.) keeping up with daily tasks/keeping all teams up-to-date within the system was difficult. You can only view one persons task list at a time to see what they have overdue, what is on deck for the day and what tasks are upcoming. If you have multiple team members on the project there is no easy way to see a quick overview of where everything stands aside from looking the actual project folder.

• Publicado el 2/4/2020
Francis L.
Marketing y publicidad, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 5/5/2020

"Great for small businesses collaborating with clients and team."

Comentarios: Overall, Basecamp is integral to our business communication and I highly recommend this for any kind of agency that needs an online proof of the communication. Helps me manage the team but also manage the clients as well.

Puntos a favor: I have been a Basecamp user for many companies and when starting my own, I needed the same features. Basecamp had scalable plans to allow me to start small and expand. There was a bit of a learning curve from Basecamp Classic to Basecamp what it is now but I like the changes and the flexibility you have with features for each project you work with.

Contras: The task management part isn't as great as other softwares that focus on task and project management. I feel this is something they can improve on for their out of the box solution instead of relying on other addons or using another software.

• Publicado el 5/5/2020
Regina M.
Design Manager
Educación superior, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 3/4/2020

"Adequate, better than nothing"

Comentarios: Adequate, at best. Better than nothing. More work than it should be, after 5 years of use. I'm not sure this is the best product for as many users and as many projects as we have... maybe ok for a handful of users/customers and 5-10 projects at a time.

Puntos a favor: It's better than an excel spreadsheet. I consider it to be a 'starter' PMS. Sort of like a starter home, or first car (if you're parents aren't rich).

Contras: None of our users can use it properly no matter how many times I instruct them, send them cheat sheets, walk them through the process, justify my requirements for how to use it properly. There's too many places for users to put things, too many ways to make it confusing. Nobody seems to be able to find a thread to continue a conversation, and they just keep starting new messages for everything. If you have a lot of files to add to a project, it gets really confusing on which one is the right one - even if you explain that the newest one is top right. If there's too many messages or files - the oldest ones get buried and nobody can figure out how to find them. The archiving system is a nightmare - impossible to find and pull up projects, you can't search by project, you can only search by a file name, and you can't sort your search - it's just a long list, and you'd better hope you were super consistent in naming your files if you ever want to find something again. There's no analytics

• Publicado el 3/4/2020
Ryan W.
Marketing Director
Marketing y publicidad, 501-1000 empleados
  • Publicado el 11/4/2020

"Basecamp allows me to track my team's progress easily and efficiently "

Comentarios: I've used Basecamp for my team for several years now. The communications solutions, file management services and archival features are all excellent. As an administrator and user, I highly recommend Basecamp for any organization with several ongoing and simultaneous projects.

Puntos a favor: Basecamp is a project management solution that allows me to stay on top of my team's projects with ease. Projects can be categorized and organized so that only members working on a particular project are exposed to the communications and back and forth. We use Basecamp as our primary solution because it is easy to implement and onboard, simple to use and has a robust set of features that are among the best in the industry for what we need.

Contras: My only complaint is that the different versions of Basecamp have different features. For example, the version we use does not allow for time tracking. While this is not necessary, as we don't bill out by the quarter hour, it would be a nice feature that would allow me to better understand how long certain tasks take my team members. If Basecamp had universal features across all versions, this would be a miracle solution.

• Publicado el 11/4/2020
Savannah G.
Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 22/5/2020

"The backbone of our team"

Comentarios: Overall, I’ve grown to truly appreciate all that Basecamp can offer. I can’t imagine my job without it. I wish the interface was designed better, with a better UX experience. But I still wouldn’t trade what Basecamp offers for a lesser but more attractive system.

Puntos a favor: Basecamp is an excellent intersection between project management software and cloud storage. Not only do we produce projects here but we can store and organize all of our file types here as well. I’m able to access every document and file I need throughout the day solely in Basecamp. I’ve seen teams need 2-3 softwares to function. Basecamp brings all of that functionality into one platform.

Contras: The user interface isn’t great. Visually the software isn’t engaging and it’s easy to get lost. There isn’t a clear hierarchy on the homepage or within projects. Everything looks the same.

• Publicado el 22/5/2020
Thomas S.
co-owner
Marketing y publicidad, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 21/4/2020

"We tried multiple other solutions and came back to Basecamp every time."

Comentarios: The beauty of Basecamp it that it doesn't try to do everything in a bloated interface.

Puntos a favor: Basecamp is extremely easy to use for teams of all experience levels. It handles project and task management extremely well.

Contras: The reason we moved away from Basecamp for a while was to try and find a software suite that could also include our weekly resource allocations (who's working on what project, billable targets, etc.). So while you could say that a lack of time tracking and resource reporting is a negative, it ends up being a positive because it keeps the software clean and purpose oriented. The integration with other purpose-built solutions like Harvest for time tracking is a dynamite combo.

• Publicado el 21/4/2020
Ron M.
Lead Author
Redacción y edición, 13-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 26/3/2020

"Wonderful, intuitive, wysiwyg software! "

Comentarios: Overall, this has helped to keep my experience focused on the tools I need to complete my work in a timely manner. Alerts, task check ins, scheduling, and easy team creation allows for a productive environment.

Puntos a favor: Basecamp provides a user experience that allows for significant ease of use, allowing for much more time spent on work rather than program adjustment.

Contras: Notifications can be inconsistent, and not always received in a timely manner. But this can be a minor problem for daily use, which is predominantly how I use the software. Distance or periodic users may want to look into this further.

Mark M.
Contabilidad, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 26/3/2020

"Decent organizational system with a reasonable cost that is a bit folksy in it's interface..."

Comentarios: Version Reviewed: BaseCamp3. It was a good solution for sharing documents and notifying users of uploads. The apps were useful. My client was hoping for broader sharing within an arts & cultural district and multiple organizations that did not pan out. There are other tools in the system that I did not explore that may be worthy of consideration. All in all, I think a project management solution rather than a team working platform provides better answers if the project management solution can be kept simple while taking advantage of the sharing, planning, communication, and calendaring features.

Puntos a favor: Version reviewed: BaseCamp 3. Great to be able to share documents with other users in the organization. I provided bookkeeping and reporting services and would upload the documents for review by the Exec Director, Board Chair, and Treasurer. Basecamp app for iOS worked fine, too. Did not try the Android version.

Contras: Version reviewed: BaseCamp 3. The filing system for documents is kind of like handling paper in a virtual environment. Drag and drop is a plus. The ability to backup the entire set of documents for disaster recovery was a plus, too. It would have been much easier to manage documents with a tree structure as in Windows, Apple, Dropbox, or Google office.

Mark R.
Organización de eventos, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 16/6/2020

"Looks like a great product but is too expensive for small business"

Comentarios: I was disappointed it did not offer a plan for only 1 to 5 users that did not need the higher priced only option plan available.

Puntos a favor: Basecamp seems to be a dominant name in the project management spectrum. They offer solid features and it looks easy to use.

Contras: The price. They only have one plan to buy and it is not cost effective for smaller businesses that do not need dozens of users. There is no option for smaller companies needs.

• Publicado el 16/6/2020
Kristen N.
Product Marketing Supervisor
Software informático, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 31/3/2020

"Basecamp Has Helped Us Organize the Chaos "

Comentarios: Our marketing team was the first to implement Basecamp, and, eventually, the benefits to project management were so evident that most of our company uses the platform—from R&D to technical support. The application is quite intuitive, requires very little training for use, and offers multiple ways to communicate: private messaging, group chat, and message boards. The integration Basecamp offers with Google is also seamless. Tip: Once your teams are established, setting communication expectations for each tool is a necessary step to achieving a high efficiency.

Puntos a favor: The integrations that Basecamp provides make communication for cross-departmental projects quick and effective. The integration we use the most is the support of Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Calendar. Within Google Drive, the folder system makes it often difficult to find documents, but Basecamp allows not only Google Docs and Google Sheets to be linked to, but conversations about that specific document to take place in one place. This makes it easy to hand off documents and files to another department, route items to our publication team, or to request feedback from partners. As an original user from Basecamp 1, there have been so many improvements to the second and third editions. Basecamp certainly does an excellent job listening to its users.

Contras: The only change in version 3 that I am disappointed with is the elimination of the built-in calendar. What used to be "Events" with an interactive project calendar became the "Schedule." The Events interactive project calendar functioned a lot like a Google Calendar, which allowed someone to see all touch points on the calendar itself. The "Schedule" is mostly a list of upcoming events. However, the benefits of the folder systems, the access to resources, and the task assignments outweighs this issue. Plus, if you are a new user to Basecamp 3, you won't even be aware that anything is missing.

• Publicado el 31/3/2020
Clayton C.
Director of Operations
Software informático, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 25/2/2020

"Hands-down my favorite project management software"

Comentarios: I really love Basecamp. It is simple, powerful, and gets out of your way so you can get work done. It has replaced about three other apps (including Slack) for our team. In Basecamp communication is now centered on getting things done and improving our products versus just chatting. There is an ideology to understand when using Basecamp but if you can adopt that you will be more productive and less stressed about getting work done.

Puntos a favor: Very affordable especially considering how many other solutions it replaces. Very clean minimal interface that gets out of your way and lets you get work done. Very fast and reliable. The mobile app is fantastic as well.

Contras: There is a little bit of a learning curve with the single page interface but that is be design.

• Publicado el 25/2/2020
Recruiter
Medios de difusión, 1001-5000 empleados
  • Publicado el 16/1/2020

"Basecamp is the best all user portal!"

Comentarios: Our team has always been collaborative but with Basecamp used as a tool, we have been able to increase our collaborative spirit. In addition, we have been able to accomplish projects and tasks faster because it gives us a way to share which piece we are working on and thus eliminating duplication.

Puntos a favor: I love Basecamp! I think it is a great software for keeping tabs on projects and people you work with. It is a collaborative space for users to update each other on what parts of the project they are working on or finishing up. It gives our team the balance needed to ensure no one is working on the same thing or on overlapping projects. It has been a huge asset and we have all loved watching the progression of projects and campaigns we are working on. It has many settings so you can really set it up based on how your team would best thrive.

Contras: One con is that this product could easily turn into a micromanaging tool for bad managers and leaders. When utilized properly it will do wonders for your team but if overused it could be a huge pain point and stressor for employees. They allow an option to have your team give a daily summary of their tasks and I could easily see that going wrong if used by the wrong manager.

• Publicado el 16/1/2020
Michael S.
Consultoría de gestión, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 19/12/2019

"Great Solution For Team Collaboration & Basic Project Management"

Comentarios: I've used Basecamp to manage development projects, marketing programs, product management, company calendars, and basic HR/company policy documentation for several years. I've always found it to be reliable and easy to use. I will continue to use it going forward.

Puntos a favor: Basecamp is incredibly intuitive and easy-to-use. New users can start using the system in a very short period of time. I love the ability to upload files to specific projects or teams and to organize them into folders and update them with new versions. I also really appreciate how Basecamp makes sharing news, messages, and schedules with members of the team. Basecamp is also very affordable, even for small teams.

Contras: I would like to see some additional project management features added. Specifically, project milestones and Gantt charts. A few of the features are not particularly useful, such as the Gaussian-looking completion chart.

• Publicado el 19/12/2019
Ellie G.
Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 15/12/2019

"A Really Good Project Management Tool!"

Comentarios: Bringing Basecamp into the organization wasn’t difficult. The system was easy and simple to integrate. My team loves it! We hare very satisfied with Basecamp.

Puntos a favor: Prior to basecamp, my organization was unorganized and working organically, there was no structure or timelines to our projects. Basecamp brought all that and MORE! It’s so simple to use and assign team members the tasks. It has a great user interface structure. There’s not a day that goes by where I’m not on Basecamp. It made such a positive impact in my organization!

Contras: When it comes to tracking, Basecamp doesn’t give a good overview of this. You need to consistent check what tasks have been completed and which ones aren’t. I hope they make an improvement on the Gantt Charts along with full project reports!

• Publicado el 15/12/2019
Sean G.
Graphic Production Manager
  • Publicado el 17/12/2019

"The best production management software for our company."

Comentarios: We use Basecamp for every project that goes through our company, and we have some team members that use it constantly and some that barely want to touch it ... when you rely on Basecamp for your company to run smoothly, you need to make sure you have 100% buy in from the team and everybody is using the software with some form of ground rules in place to help keep everything organized. Once that is dialed in, basecamp really can cover every needs we run across and it has grown with us from a 3 person company up to a 28 person company and should be able to sustain for the foreseeable future.

Puntos a favor: The pros of basecamp are the company wide team access and usage, easy access to current project related data, storage for project photos and renders. We have an archive of our projects for the past 6 years as well, so we can always go back in and find any info we may have had in the past but are missing now.

Contras: Basecamp is just difficult enough that our team members who are a little less tech savvy can feel overwhelmed with navigating the software. We tend to have 150 -250 open, active projects at any given time, so they struggle to know which project relates to them and get discouraged by the navigation. Since there are so many ways to use the software, to-dos, conversations, calendars, file browsing, etc. it can become disjointed and unorganized quickly. You really need to stay on top of keeping everything in a manner that cuts down confusion.

• Publicado el 17/12/2019
Lawrence C.
Account Manager
  • Publicado el 22/11/2019

"The hub for all great quality projects"

Comentarios: Our experience with Basecamp has been very positive. It has been a greatly important tool for the management of efficient and timely projects. The features within Basecamp have been positively used by the vast majority of our clients and create a really collaborative and team-like feel around the projects.

Puntos a favor: The best thing about Basecamp is that it provides a secure and easily accessible central hub for your project. It is easy to invite all key project stakeholders and has features that allow for quick and easy discussion around the project, easy communications of important notices and action points and acts as a central storage place that gives everyone oversight to essential project documents and files. Basecamp also provides an accurate project timeline based around the actions of the individuals who use it, meaning that assists with project traceability and track. In addition it will also send automated reminders to the inboxes of those registered which is a fantastic feature for keeping on top of all project details. These reminder emails can be customised to specific individuals which means you can easily reach/remind/engage with the action point owner.

Contras: The main frustration with Basecamp is the updating of personnel profiles when the original creator has left the company. For example, I have needed to update the job titles and email addresses associated with people for accounts I have inherited after my predecessor has left the company. However, this action is blocked as I was not the original creator which was highly frustrating.

• Publicado el 22/11/2019
Jason N.
Marketing Director
Bienes de consumo, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 18/11/2019

"Better way of doing business"

Comentarios: While there were other, cheaper PM softwares to consider, one of the reasons I started to look at Basecamp is because they are, in a sense, industry leaders. They are constantly publishing books or podcasts about better ways of doing business and that's something their software does.

Puntos a favor: Since switching to Basecamp we've seen better communication, collaboration, and better delivery on projects for our marketing team. The way Basecamp delivers information—keeping it all up front and easily accessible—makes it super easy to find out where a project is at at any given time. We've also seen an increase in productivity. People are spending less time trying to figure out what it is they are doing and spending more time getting tasks checked off their list. It has also improved team morale. PM software can be frustrating, but the user interface has made it more fun. While we haven't rolled this out company wide, we are looking forward to it.

Contras: I think there is room to improve the educational components of Basecamp. Based on their customer experience, are there best usage stories? Are there best practices for implementation and usage that we can use? Key piece is communication. There's a lot of choices for where people can submit updates: Campfire, in the task list, in individual tasks. What are the best practices? Someone, please tell me.

• Publicado el 18/11/2019
Kate B.
Communications Manager
Internet, 201-500 empleados
  • Publicado el 16/8/2019

"Easy, Affordable Project Management for Your Entire Team"

Comentarios: Since we started using Basecamp, our project intake process has become much more organized and it's way easier to see what everyone has on their plate. It's also helped us get approval from key stakeholders since everyone at every step of every project has to-dos assigned to them. I also love the integrations. We sync with Everhour so we can keep track of exactly how long it takes to complete each step of each project, which has helped us become more efficient and also see where we're spending our time.

Puntos a favor: I love how intuitive Basecamp is to use and how easy it is to keep track of upcoming projects and set priorities. I'm new to project management and it's been so easy to set up every project and teach new employees how to navigate the system. You can set different projects for different teams and even invite clients to view projects. Plus, you don't have a limited number of seats so everyone in our organization can access it without us needing to purchase anything additional.

Contras: There are too many places to communicate within Basecamp so it's important that you have a clear process. You can comment on an overall project thread, a group and in each individual to-do so sometimes it's hard to tell where a comment is located. However, it does show you which to-dos have comments within them and there are easy-access notifications at the top of your screen at all times so as long as comments are recent, they're easy to find.

• Publicado el 16/8/2019
Christopher D.
Creative Manager
Propiedad inmobiliaria, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 7/8/2019

"Gather around the fire, Basecamp is here!"

Comentarios: Basecamp felt fun to use and really made us feel that we were optimizing our workflows in terms of assigning tasks and work flows.

Puntos a favor: Basecamp's user interface has changed over the years and has become for easier for clients and client facing individuals. Basecamp became a part of a sales pitch in terms of giving access to clients to a platform where we were accessible and there to help them.

Contras: Basecamp has a lot of bells and whistles that are not immediately apparent. We did have to do a little digging under the hood in order to take advantage of some key features!

• Publicado el 7/8/2019
Chris N.
Digital COnsultant
Software informático, 13-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 2/8/2019

"Organising the mess!"

Comentarios: There is a distinct before and after Basecamp in our lives. After the implementation, we noticed a distinct improvement, not just in the output, but also in team culture and job satisfaction.
Basecamp helped to clear the mess that project communications were. While we still work a lot of hours, we now streamline it better.

Puntos a favor: Centralise all traffic, in-house and with clients.

Contras: It is a single approach to Project Management. The client side could be more developped as well.

• Publicado el 2/8/2019
Christopher F.
Founder & CEO
Software informático, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 26/7/2019

"We would be a Mess without It"

Comentarios: Despite my complaint about Discussions, I REALLY love this product and honestly cant' see how we could keep organized with the complexity of our projects without it. I know there are other products that do similar things in different ways, but you guys hit perfectly on providing exactly the functionality we need without a lot of extra fluff. We use Basecamp B2 BTW and not B3 because we don't need all the additional fluff of B3. We have other products to handle chat (like Skype etc) so there was nothing about B3 that we needed. WE LOVE BASECAMP B2 !!!

Puntos a favor: I love the ease of use, and the how it allows us to keep very complex projects organized via the To-dos etc. I love the fact it lets our teams collaborate in a single location and keep everything related to a project organized. (We use Basecamp B2 FYI)

Contras: DISCUSSIONS. If I had a way to turn off the ability to start a new discussion I would. I like the fact the discussion area shows the chronological listing of activities, but I DO NOT like the concept of a discussion. Everything we do in Basecamp is in the TO-DO section because you can assign ownership and due dates. A DISCUSSION on the other hand, cannot be assigned to someone or a date added. Anything we need to discuss, can be done inside a specific TO-DO item and at the point someone needs to take action it can then be assigned to someone for ownership. A discussion without the ability to assign ownership and a time element is Just a bunch of talking and worthless to a business. I'm also continually having customers go out there and open new discussions when they want something instead of opening a to-do because discussions are the first thing they see. If I could turn off the ability to open a new discussion I would. Because of the issue I just mentioned, it would be VERY HELPFUL if there was an easy way to move an item from a DISCUSSION to a TO-DO. That would make it easy to deal with the situation if someone opened a discussion instead of a to-do and also would make logical sense that people are talking about something for a long time (Discussing it) and then when it's time to get off their butt and do something they could move it to a to-do (have the history of the discussion) and assign ownership.

• Publicado el 26/7/2019
Daniel R.
Executive Producer
Diseño, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 24/7/2019

"(BC3) A friendly project management tool"

Comentarios: Basecamp is a great way to collaborate with clients and teams still. The nature of direct 1-1 communications means it will never compete with Slack in terms of moment to moment integration (We dont use campfires or pings or whatever they are called), especially since we do a lot of work in JIRA and therefore our project and process are already disconnected (I could see Campfire being more useful if we were more actively using Basecamp). For now, it serves as a place to post assets for review and archival to the client, as well as a place to post longer messages, like meeting notes in a way that is organized and contextual.

Puntos a favor: The reintroduction of client permissions made BC3 instantly more usable as it reintroduced the collaborative nature that wa a hallmark of this product (The "clientside" approach was garbage)
Basecamp offers a clean and approachable structure to project management. It is not intended for software development really, but can be used to run a project or even as a company hub (we use it for both, though in full honesty we have mostly transitioned to slack).

Contras: As above, the initial clientside approach was really underwhelming. It worked for specific low-touch clients, but if you were actively collaborating, it was offputting and cumbersome.
It can be sort of cumbersome to navigate files, and I wish there were data integrations to link Google Shared drives

• Publicado el 24/7/2019
Walter S.
E-Commerce Manager
Comercio mayorista, 13-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 16/7/2019

"Organizational Tool - but not export or import friendly"

Comentarios: Overall, Basecamp is a good solution easy to manage but its inability to export into different formats, which its competitors do provide, might cause most of their users to switch to another platform, like us. Apart from the issue highlighted above, I think basecamp is a great tool to add, update, notify and manage any task, be it tech-related or sales related. As I have been through technical support, sales and then e-commerce sales of my company I think this tool would be very handy.

Puntos a favor: It is easy to enter, search and assign tasks in this online tool. As an E-Commerce Manager, I find it easy to enter our online order information, keep track of them with due dates, assign tasks to my team members and update our higher management on the goals and their progress.

Contras: The Export feature of this online tool is the worst!! I have tried contacting their support about exporting my tasks to excel or CSV format and they informed me that they do not have that option. We receive over 200 to 600 + orders a month which we have to keep track of, this helps us do that, but when our account manager asks me to get him details of orders then my life goes to hell. It takes me 2-4 days to extract all the data and organize it and send it to our accounts manager. This is the RED Flag for me for this software, I have my team looking at other options to switch to, however, if they do incorporate it, I have no problem sticking to Basecamp. Another thing I would like to point out, which is not a red flag or an issue but in the last month we had basecamp service unavailable or crash twice. Since it is a company solution, we are using, and I have been using it for the past 3 years, I never had seen this issue, maybe an upgrade in their services or some other bug is causing this but it did happen. Hope it does not happen again as it will affect our work seriously.

• Publicado el 16/7/2019
Chuck E.
Campus Worship Pastor
Instituciones religiosas, 13-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 13/7/2019

"Great for Project Managers (at least)"

Comentarios: It keeps all of our tasks in a central location and ensures they don’t disappear in the mix of the daily grind.

Puntos a favor: Base camp has very competitive pricing for project management software. Is very user friendly for Project managers. You can organize individual projects with todos and then assign those todos to specific people. You can easily keep up with the status of what the team is working on and keep up with files and documents associated with each Project.

Contras: If you are on the administration side, it’s great. I mean real great. If your on the receiving end it can be a little confusing at times. The common complaint from myself and others I know, is that there are too many ways to revive a message and thus keep up with messages. Sometimes the message is on a “Ping ”, some times it’s on a “todo” or a “camp fire”. There is no central inbox to keep up with messages. There is a thing called a “Hey Stack” that functions kind of like an “in box “ that will let you know when someone has sent you something or commented on something , but the message disappears when you read it. No option to keep it and delegate it later, mark as in read or send it to a personal todo. Unless you go back previously read messages and dig it up. Then you can book mark it. It Should just function like a standard email inbox. Unless you get sent a “ping” wich is kinda like an instant message app with in base camp wich is on a different icon. Granted there may be a better way of using it that we are not aware of. Having used other project management software, I can say this is not a problem unique to base camp. I still feel it is the better software but needs some improvements. Specifically keeping in mind the people that are trying to do a good job for their project managers and sort through all of the information.

• Publicado el 13/7/2019